Community Helpers for Active Participation (CHAP)/ respiteservices.com facilitates the connection of families with Direct Respite Support Providers based on the families' needs and the providers' experience and availability. CHAP Respite Support Providers promote active living for children and adults with developmental disabilities including autism and/or physical disabilities in their own home or in the community, while providing parent relief. Candidates registered with the CHAP Program are connected with families looking for support and relief.
CHAP Respite Support Providers promote active living for children and adults with developmental disabilities including autism and/or physical disabilities in their own home or in the community, while providing parent relief. Candidates registered with the CHAP Program are connected with families looking for support and relief.
Disclaimer: It is important to understand that respite providers are not employees of CHAP or YSSN.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Attend a CHAP program introduction meeting
- Complete the screening process, which includes the submission of:
i. Current Resume;
ii. Professional references (2);
iii. Vulnerable Sector Police Check (no older than six months)
Type of Contracts:
- Ability and willingness to engage with persons with disabilities
- Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
- Effective communication skills with both verbal and non-verbal populations
- Experience providing care and support to persons with disabilities is an asset
- First Aid and CPR is an asset
- Access to a vehicle an asset
- Part-time (Possibility of additional hours)
- Variable hours (days, evening, weekends, overnights, relief, summer)
Note: Respite Providers are considered self employed, independent contractors or employees, who are contracted to provide support directly to individual(s). Families will independently contract with the respite support provider to determine if they are entering an employer/employee relationship or a contracted service arrangement.
|RESPITE PROVIDERS REGISTRATION
Complete an online CHAP Respite Provider Registration. Please ensure that you upload your current resume with your online profile. Your application and resume will be reviewed by a CHAP coordinator. Suitable applicants will be contacted for a program introduction meeting. (Note: please check Spam folder for possible Quarantined replies.)
For more information, please contact:
Respite Registry Coordinator
240 Edward St., Unit 3
Aurora, ON L4G 3S9
Phone: 905-898-6455 ext. 2247 or Toll Free 1-866-257-9776