There are four key agencies in Chatham-Kent that provide respite services for families. Some of the services provided may be according to the age of the person who has a disability.
*Families are encouraged to contact these agencies directly for more information*
Community Living Wallaceburg (CLW) 519-627-7882
- CLW is the coordinating agency for the Special Services at Home Program in Chatham-Kent.
- CLW also manages several flexible, self-directed funding supports, which families may access if they have a family member with a disability.
Please note that some self-directed funding supports may have a waiting list or may not be available due to limited resources.
Community Living Chatham-Kent (CL-CK) 519-352-1174
- CL-CK provides out-of-home respite in staffed respite homes for families who reside in Chatham-Kent.
- A staffed respite home is available for children under the age of 18yrs.
- A staffed respite home is available for adults.
Children's Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent 519-354-0520 (formerly the Prism Centre)
- The Children's Treatment Centre provides respite supports to families who are receiving services through the Centre.
Western Area Youth Services (WAYS) 519-354-2065
- WAYS provides respite supports for pre-school children through the Family Respite Program.
Kids Country Club (London, ON) 519-473-1598
- The Kids Country Club may be able to provide additional respite opportunities for children who are technologically dependent/medically fragile on an hourly or overnight basis. Each respite situation will be considered on an individual basis.